When using Past Track, things can sometimes get a little confusing. Knowing which icon means what is the deciding factor on how you can determine what is happening with your device when it is on the vehicle. This easy to follow guide will help you better understand the icons and options that are offered to you on this software.
Below you'll find an image of the basic toolbar upon opening the Past-Track software. You will notice that all the icons are available for use and are not ghosted out. This toolbar becomes completely accessible when you are using Streets and Maps (U.S. only) to view your information. There is a different icon for each number and their set on the toolbar. We will start with number 1:
- Icon 1 is a basic "Open File" icon. You will select this icon when you want to find a file that has previously been saved after a download. When going to view information from a saved file, select this icon and it will bring you directly to the default save folder.
- Icon 2 is the "Download" icon. You will select this icon for your download station which allows you four options. You will have the option to Find Port, Download, Erase Unit, or Exit. Find Port lets you find the device. Download allows you to transfer the information onto your computer. Erase Unit allows you to clear your device from any data, and Exit simply closes the prompt.
- Icon 3 is the "Google Earth" icon. When you select this icon, it will convert your GPS tracking information into a viewable format on Google Earth. It will allow you access to the free roam mapping that Google Earth offers.
- Icon 4 is the "Activity Report" icon. This icon will allow you to view your tracking information in a written text version. It will give you details such as location arrived, departure and arrival times, stop durations, and total driving times, as well as the top speed.
- Icon 5 is the "Area" icon. You will select this only when you want to choose which area of the United States map you want to look at. Areas include Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest, C-North (Central North), and C-South (Central South).
- Icon 6 is the â€œNavigateâ€ icon. You can use this icon when the device is connected to a mobile computer source and track the current position that you are driving. This icon is useful when locating where you are in relation to other roads, stops, or towns.
- Icon 7 is the "Save" icon. This icon, when activated, will allow you to save the data that you are viewing to a default save location. You may change this save location as long as it is within the My Documents folder.
- Icon 8 is the "Print" icon. You will be able to print the map that you are looking at as well as the tracking information displayed on it. As soon as you select this icon, a command will be sent to print.
- Icons 9 A-E are your Play by Play Options. A is the "Play" icon. This icon, when activated, will start the small car on the screen to move. It will follow along the path that was set by the information downloaded from your tracker. B is the "Pause/Step" icon. This icon, when activated, will pause the progress of the play by play and will also allow you (once pressed again) to move on to the next step on the play by play. C is the "Slower" icon, not the rewind icon. This icon when activated will slow the speed of the play by play in half. This will happen every time it is pressed. If you press it twice, it is now four times slower than it was originally. D is the "Faster" icon, also known as Fast Forward. This icon, when activated, will double the speed of the play by play. This will happen every time it is pressed. If you press it twice, it is now four times faster than it was originally. E is the "Reset" icon. This icon, when activated, will reset the play by play to the starting position and allow it to play form the beginning.
- Icons 10A-G are your Map Viewing Options. A is the "Zoom All Out" icon. This allows you to view the map in its entirety. It will zoom out of any position to fix on a view of the entire map. B is the "Zoom In" icon. This allows you to zoom in to the map for closer viewing. C is the "Zoom Out" icon. This allows you zoom out of the map for farther viewing. D-G are the "Pan" icons. They allow you to pan the map in one of four cardinal directions. The arrow facing left allows you to pan West, the arrow facing right allows you to pan East. The arrow facing up North, and the arrow facing down South.
- Icon 11 is the "Time Stamp" icon. This icon will allow you to view all major stopping points that were recorded and the time for each.
- Icon 12 is the "Interval" icon. This icon will allow you to view how much time has passed between two points. Simply click this icon when you want to see how much time has passed between the designated start and stop points.
- Icon 13 is the "Stops" icon. Not to be confused with the Time Stamp icon, this icon allows you to view what the Beginning and END (not stop) positions are, as well as what time and date those positions were taken.
- Icon 14 is the "Distance" icon. This icon allows you to view the distance covered, duration, and average speed of the trip as well as the date and time of the end position.